Couples and Family Therapy
The treatment modality I use when working with couples and families is primarily Emotion Focused Therapy. Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT) is an evidence-based treatment modality with over twenty years of research demonstrating its long term effectiveness. After EFT therapy, approximately 70-75% of couples transition from a state of distress to recovery, and 90% of couples have demonstrated significant improvement. EFT emphasizes how we are all hardwired for connection; with ourself, our partners, and those we love. Furthermore, it has been scientifically proven that maintaining a secure connection with loved ones impacts our mental and physiological well-being. Strong and secure bonds are created in EFT by understanding and altering negative interactional patterns. Primary emotional experiences, rooted in attachment, serve as our guide in discovering what keeps intimate and familial relationships stuck. A healthy path is paved to reduce distress, enhance communication and connection, and to heal relational wounds after crisis (including, but not limited to, an affair). Trust, love, and intimacy flourishes once secure connections are either formed or restored.
I am currently offering online sessions only through the HIPAA compliant service, SimplePractice. When you schedule your initial intake session, you will receive a link to SimplePractice and will complete your intake paperwork prior to our first session together. At the time of our intake, we will review the intake documents, and I will happily answer any questions and/or concerns you may have. We will also explore what brings you to therapy and what you hope to gain from participating in either individual, family, or couples therapy.
I am committed to offering the highest quality of therapeutic services. Payment for services is expected at the time of service. An initial 60 minute diagnostic session is $175.00. Additional appointments thereafter are $150.00 for a 50 minute individual therapy session, $160 for a 50 minute couples or family therapy session, and $165 for a 60 minute psychotherapy for crisis session. The only form of payment accepted is credit card. Prior to an initial intake session, clients enter their credit card information into their SimplePractice client portal. SimplePractice collects and stores credit card information for the initial session, as well as for future sessions. Your credit card will not be charged until a session is complete.
Should you have difficulty paying this fee, please notify me, and we can discuss a sliding scale.
I do not accept insurance. I am able to provide Superbills through SimplePractice that include both my EIN and NPI number. You can submit a Superbill directly to your insurance company, however, I cannot guarantee that your insurance company will provide reimbursement.
Additional fees may be incurred during the course of treatment for paperwork, including FMLA paperwork, disability paperwork, school forms, etc. These fees can range between $20 and $75 based on the extent of paperwork. I do not testify in court unless required by a court order. Court appearances are billed at $500 an hour. Travel time, court related calls, and documentation in preparation for court are billed at $350.00 an hour.
Please click the link below if you are interested in scheduling an appointment.
First Session Details
Telemental Health Services
Telemental Health Services
WHAT IS TELEMENTAL HEALTHCARE?
Telemental health is a subset of telehealth services that uses online, interactive videoconference software to provide mental health services at a distance. Telemental health includes terms such as telepsychology, telebehavioral health, online counseling, and distance counseling. Telemental health does not include the use of fax, audio-only telephone, e-mail, FaceTime or Skype.
CLIENT EXPECTATIONS DURING TELEMENTAL HEALTH SESSIONS:
- Client to upload valid driver's license prior to intake session through SimplePractice.
- Client to state exact location at the beginning of each session.
- Mac/PC/Chromebook, smart phone, or tablet with camera, microphone, and speakers.
- Internet connection with at least 750kb/s download and upload speeds.
- Access to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox (latest release versions) web browsers.
- Proper lighting and seating to ensure a clear image of each party’s face.
- Dress and environment appropriate to an in-office visit.
- Engage in sessions in a private location where you cannot be heard by others.
- Only agreed upon participants will be present; the presence of individuals unapproved by both parties will be cause for termination of the session.
- Client must disclose the physical address of their location at the start of the session; unknown locations will be cause for termination of the session.
- Client shall provide a phone number where they can be reached in the event of service disruption.
- Should there be a technological difficulty and the video and/or audio features malfunction during a session, client and therapist will make one attempt to restart their video and audio connection through SimplePractice. Should this second attempt still be unsuccessful, client and therapist will complete their session by phone. Therapist will call client on the number given at the beginning of session.
- Client understands that phone calls from client to therapist are not protected under HIPAA.
If you are interested in a free ten minute consultation and/or scheduling an initial appointment, please feel free to e-mail or call me at: